Tuesday 12 June 2012

My SuMmEr so far!


 I just returned from a beautiful vacation in Palm Springs.  I had to escape for some much needed vitamin D, pool time, and palm trees.  This time I spent my vacation with my mom and we had a blast. 

I managed to finish 4 books....
The Mockingjay... I found this book slow at first but then turned into a great read.  I am not sure if I agree with the ending.  It felt a little rushed in the last few chapters... but maybe that is because I was sad that I didn't have another Hunger Games book to read.

I then started the Lucky One.  This was a great romance novel by Nicholas Sparks.  It was a great transition from Mockingjay and now I am super excited to see the movie.

The Blessings of Animals was a book that I bought in Palm Springs. I sadly read the only books I brought and wouldn't last the rest of the vacation without a good read.  This book was fantastic.  It is about an animal lover that is going through a messy divorce.  The author did a great job illustrating the animals personality throughout the book.

The Rescue was my last book... I am still working on this one, but I am already hooked!

 While I was on vacation I had to keep tabs on the temperature back home.... as you can see Cochrane was very cold and rainy the whole time (I am soo happy I missed it!)

I have become addicted to taking pictures with my phone and using photo editors to adjust the quality.... here are some of the plant photos I took.

Besides applying for jobs, going to interviews, and working I have been making time to work out and enjoy the little summer I have left..

Today I went for a hike in the beautiful rocky mountains... I am already sore... so I am a little worried about how I will feel in the morning.  I think a long bubble bath is in order for tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! And it's no where near the end yet :)
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!! I just checked out your linky... toooo funny! I also hate the "proof you are not a robot" check before I comment... drives me crazy.

      Amy

      Delete
  2. Welcome back. We missed hearing about your life. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy!!! It is great to be back and search the wonderful blogs for inspiration for next year :)
      Amy

      Delete
  3. I found you through Honey Bunch! I love your look...I'm thinking about having them do mine. The owl is adorable!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete