Saturday 14 April 2012

Chalk Board Mug

WOW!! I have had a crazy busy week.... I feel a little guilty because I have neglected my blog and all of my favorite blogs!  I will need to take some time to catch up. 

Anywho... while I was organizing my closet I came across one of my craft ideas and I knew I had to share it with you. 

In my 3rd practicum I was placed in a Grade 5 class.  I always love putting together a gift as a thank you to my mentor for all of their love and support.  So for this teacher I made this...

It is an easy peasy chalk board mug.   All you have to do is visit your local dollar store and find a mug with a shape that you like.  Then spray with chalk board paint.  Then, ta da you have your very own chalk board mug.

 I made myself a few different versions and I used them for various things such as:

- holding my popsicle sticks with students names (so I can randomly draw a name for a question)
- holding chalk... makes sense
- for my own artistic outlet... I love to doodle so it is fun for me to have a new canvas to doodle on

I also found another example on pinterest that I thought was really cute.

 


I am also in love with this chalk board idea! It would be so fun in a beach themed home. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! It is snowing here right now and not looking at all like spring..... waaaaaa!  Hopefully the sun will come out eventually for me, I am in need of some major vitamin D. 

9 comments:

  1. I love the spray chalk idea!! I actually bought a mug like this when Target was having a sale. I bought about 5 of them and used them as gifts. I have used the chalkboard paint, but never the spray - will def. have to try!!

    Michelle
    3amteacher@gmail.com

    The 3AM Teacher

    Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spray paint is very quick to use. I did two coats to make sure it was fully covered.

      Amy

      Delete
  2. Snowing?!?!?!? I'm so sorry! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... still snowing!!! Hehe crazy Canadian weather.

      Amy

      Delete
  3. Yikes, snow?!?! So sorry!

    Sending some warm, Georgia sunshine your way :)

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sunshine!! I miss it hehe

      Amy

      Delete