Friday 2 March 2012

I want to say a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the DOCTOR!  Without him I wouldn't have my classic book treasures, comic movies, and inspirational quotes.  

My all time favorite Dr. Seuss quote is HERE!!!  I fell in love with this quote recently because it is so fitting for my life right now... and I find myself rereading it daily to give myself strength.

So without further ado  (there is a drum roll playing in my head right now):

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat.  I'm all ready you see. 
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
I was having a bad day months ago and my mom sent me this quote in a text.  She said "so just find your big bat!", well after having a good laugh I did find my "bat" and my troubles have had troubles with me ever sense.  

I also posted this quote on facebook the same day and this was the response I got from my brother...
 Typical brotherly love... I would have tried to explain that my bat is a metaphor... but I decided to leave it at that.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day at school.  I have another Friday off so I am taking it easy.  I also have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off next week due to BC teachers being on strike (you see why I need a big bat lol).

5 comments:

  1. I just love your Seuss quotes! Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a quote addict for sure! I am pumped you are following me :)

      Amy

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy! I have an award for you, so come by to pick it up when you get a chance. Have a most lovely weekend!

    Chatterbox Blessings,
    Rebecca
    http://theteacherschatterbox.blogspot.com/2012/03/lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca!! You are tooo sweet :)

      Amy

      Delete
  3. Hi Amy! I can't believe I wasn't a follower sooner. I thought for sure I was because I've seen your comments, etc. So sorry - NOW I'm officially a follower. We just celebrated Dr. Seuss and I just posted pics...come on by and see what we did. Have a great weekend.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete