Wednesday 21 March 2012

I heart Awards!

I have been a little slow to catch up on two awards that I have been given (sorry, I am a little less productive over spring break).  But I want to thank Satya at Crayons, Glitter, & Smelly Markers and Becky at Teaching, Learning, & Loving for giving me One Lovely Blog Award.   I find both of these blogs inspirational!! I love reading these blogs and remembering why I first decided to become a teacher.  It wasn't for the money, it wasn't for the hours and long spring break (however that is a nice reward), it was for the KIDDOS! Sayta is in university and working towards her Bachelor of Education.  I love reading about all the new things she is learning and trying in her practicum.  Becky is in her 3rd year of teaching Kindergarten, and she some amazing ideas as well as a TPT store.  She also makes me want to teach Kindergarten because it looks like so much fun (I always have remind myself how exhausting those little ones are, and that Kindergarten teachers are a special form of superhero).  So I suggest checking these blogs out if you haven't already!
Now onto the award!
I took my time to research the many blogs that I am following... I really wanted to find blogs that haven't already received this award (however there are too many lovely blogs out there), and that are just starting out like myself.

So here are my picks for the award:



 Courtney at Teaching in Paradise (she gets to teach 3rd Grade in Hawaii, jealous yet?)






Working 4 the Classroom - creating a collaborative community


Her blog name just makes me giggle


Congrats to these blogs! I could have spent hours picking more blogs that deserve this award, but my doggy is itching to go for a walk.  So check these blogs out and send them some love. 




11 comments:

  1. Thank you! Thank you for the award! So happy to see your blog. It is super cute! I will be checking back often! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! I am soo happy I found your blog :)

      Amy

      Delete
  2. You're a sweetie! Thanks you for your kind words :) And yes, those kindergarten babies wear me out!! I'm on spring break too and loving every minute of it!
    Becky
    Teaching, Learning, & Loving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do it! I am just enjoying every minute of my long spring break before I am back in the classroom.

      Amy

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for writing about my blog Amy! That was so sweet of you :) I will be sure to check out the other blogs on your list :D Happy blogging!

    Satya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Sorry it took me a little time to finally post it.

      Amy

      Delete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the award! I think we have a lot in common!

    Elyse @ My Life With a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I am soo happy I found your blog, it definitely makes me smile and giggle.

      Amy

      Delete
  5. Amy! Thank you so much for this award!! You totally made my day on a Wednesday and made my after school meetings not bad at all! heheh. Also, if you head on over to my page you'll see my request for you as my permanent and personal substitute teacher..PLEASE?!
    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award! I can't wait to check out these new blogs.

    Also, I just saw your quote about women and broken wings. I cracked up and hubby wanted to know what was so funny. I told him and he says I need that in poster size as a warning!

    And yes... you moved above the homework on my list! CONGRATS!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that quote in the staff washroom at a highschool that I substitute taught at. It also had some other very funny "women" jokes that made me giggle. I printed that one off and added it to my personal bulletin board :)

      ps I love that I moved past the homework on your list, but the teacher in me wants to assign you a homework/blog stalking reward system.

      Amy

      Delete