Monday 19 March 2012

E is for Easter

I started to do some research today on some fun things to do in the classroom for Easter! I love Easter... mostly because I am a chocoholic. Today at the grocery store I was really tempted to buy myself one of those huge kinder surprises (you get a treat and a toy, best marketing idea evvver)...  but I refrained.. it was hard.  Instead I went onto pinterest and found some great ideas.
I thought that this was a great idea from Itsy Belle, and who doesn't have fun placing their hands in paint and making artwork?  I am tempted to try this with my nephew, he is only a year old, but at his day care he made me a hand print to take home so I think he has had enough practice.
Isn't that just stinkin cute! I am going to find a nice picture frame to put it in because I am a proud auntie.
This craft is from Little Wonders' Days and I cant wait to try this activity again.  It is called shaving cream art and it is soooo much fun to do.  I have previously used this activity in high school to illustrate polar and non polar substances.  If you want to learn more about that you should check out science matters, this blog explains how you can use this craft as an experiment. 

Lastly I found some delicious looking easter treats that I thought would be a lot of fun for the kiddos.
I love this carrot treat idea.. you could use any treat that is orange (goldfish, crackers, or candy).  I also like that you could make this healthy and control the amount of sweets each kiddo receives. I found this on Life on Old Savannah.

Lastly, these cupcakes make my mouth water! This idea was taken from Family Go and you can get the recipe there. In case you are wondering (as I was), the carrots are made out of an orange Starburst and green Twizzlers (can you say YUM).

I have to confess that I am obsessed with Georgetown Cupcakes (a reality show on TLC) and every time I watch that show I feel the sudden urge to get out my kitchen aid and make extravagant cupcakes.  So these will definitely be on my list to make.

Have a wonderful Monday!







4 comments:

  1. Loving the Easter ideas! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to try some of these ideas.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista,

      Let me know how they work for you!

      Amy

      Delete
  2. You blog simply rocks! What great ideas I will be trying out soon! Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! I am also loving your blog and I am happy I found it on TBA. I was home schooled from Grade 3-5 and I know how busy you must be!! Cant wait to hear about your ideas.

      Amy

      Delete