Saturday 17 March 2012

Back Again!!!

 Hello Y'all! I am back from my vacation.... sadly.  I could have stayed in Palm Springs forrevvar! It was soo warm and pretty, I don't know how anyone gets any work done there.  But let me take you on a picture walk from my trip.

We arrived in Vegas.. far to late for the crazyness and then we left super early so I didn't take any pictures (so sorry).  My next big stop was in Palm Springs.  This is a view from the front of the condo where we stayed.

I am officially in love with palm trees and I have decided that they could join me in the mountains any day.


The next stop was Joshua Tree.  At first I was a little disappointing.. and I will tell you why..

I thought "Joshua Tree" implied one "Tree" that was a special tree.

I was a little ticked when I payed 15 dollars to see millions of these "Joshua Tree"'s that I had seen the whole drive to "Joshua Tree".

After having a little giggle about the irony, we went for a hike.
 And WOW! It was sooo stinkin beautiful I took millions and millions of photos.  I saw lots of people rock climbing,


and I did my own version. I am super adventurous.

 Then we made our way to Laguna Beach.  I had to see the ocean on this trip so this was a non negotiable item on my list. 

But the water was cold


I mean really cold.


(Duh, it is the ocean Amy!) But still, I had an idea in my head about what the temperature should be and it did not live up to my expectations. 

Then we traveled to Anaheim to watch the Ducks and Wings battle in a great hockey game.  

The PEAK of my trip was definitely Joshua Tree.  I had an awesome time hiking and snapping lots of photos.  I also got to tan while I walked (I like multitasking while on vacay).

The PIT of my trip was leaving.  I was soooo sad when I had to board my plane to go home.  I was even more upset when there was a foot of snow waiting for me.

However, I still have another week off so I plan on using it wisely!! Starting with some blog stalking.. I feel completely out of the loop. 

I hope everyone had a great week and a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!

    At least Cali water is warmer compared to our Oregon water. In Oregon, it's so cold that you really don't swim in it.


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is a lot colder in Oregon! I would never make it in the water there lol.

      Amy

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a way to spend a week. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, now I just need to get used to the cold weather again :(

      Amy

      Delete
  3. Could you please take me next time, Amy? These photos are beautiful!

    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! It was hard not to overload my camera with pictures. You can definitely come next time :)

      Amy

      Delete
  4. Where have I been!! Oh that's right blog designing, homework, and teaching. Sigh... I have missed so many posts from you. I need to catch up. I am putting it on my to do list right behind homework that I am currently avoiding or maybe this should go first hmmm.....

    I have some palm trees I will trade you for REAL trees and some snow.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed your comments!! You always make me giggle. I have decided that I can easily fedex my "real" trees and snow (I have waaaayy to much of it) if you will kindly send me one palm tree.

      Amy

      Delete