Saturday 3 March 2012

Awards Squared!

I have to say I am a pretty lucky lady because I have been given not one, but two awards this week!  I am very thankful for my followers and everything that I am learning through the use of my blog.  This also reminded me of a Dr. Seuss quote that I never got to share this week (I did warn you that I am a quote addict).  I am happy that I am who I am and you can still love me anyways. 





First off I have to thank Mrs. Poland at Think, Wonder, & Teach for giving my blog the "Top Ten" award.  If you haven't checked out her blog yet I suggest you hop on over there.  She is also in a similar situation as me and will soon have her own classroom so I love reading about her fabulous ideas.





My second award was from Rebecca at The Teacher's Chatterbox and she gave me the "One Lovely Blog" award.  Rebecca is a 3rd Grade teacher and has an adorable blog with TONS of amazing ideas. 



















So here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person that gave you the award - Done and done
2. Pass the award on to 10 other lovely bloggers - this was easy peasy (yes I only did 10 for both but who's counting....)
3.  Follow the person who sent it to you - already following squared


There are soo many awesome blogs out there so I had fun finding my favs.. although soo many of you have already received this award (because you are so special already).

Here are my TOP TEN blog winners:

 1.  Rebecca at The Teacher's Chatterbox. I have just recently started following Rebecca and I love her adorable clip art creations!

2.  Mrs. Ann Greene at Mrs.Greene's Kindergarten Korner.  She has an adorable blog and lately I have loved reading about her organization techniques as she follows along with the CFC linky parties. 

3.  Emmy at Daydreams of a Student Teacher.  I love reading about her practicum adventures.. it wasn't too long ago that I was in her shoes and she has some great stories.  

4. Tammy at Forever in First.  Have you seen her beautiful blog yet?  I absolutely love it.  She just posted the cutest spelling video where she shows how her students use kinesthetic tricks to help them spell.  LOVE.  

5. Molly at Lessons with Laughter.  I am not going to lie to you, I fell in love with her classroom!  It has inspired me to make my own themed pillows for my reading corner.


One Lovely Blog Award Winners

1. Miss. T at Journey of a Substitute Teacher.  I am addicted to reading about her substituting adventures because I can laugh and cry along with her. 

2.  Mrs. Poland at Think, Wonder, & Teach.  As I said earlier, she has a wonderful blog that I stalk regularly!  

3.  Miss Ice at 3rd Grade Sprinkles.  Have you seen her blog!! It looks so delicious that every time I visit I have a major craving for cupcakes.  

4. Mrs. Durbin at 3rd Grade's a Hoot.  I really enjoy reading about her Daily 5 adventures and how she has organized her bulletin boards. 

5. Kimberlee at Teacher Time Savers. She has some great resources on this blog and guess what.. they are free!


Now I am going to pitter patter and start my classy redneck quilt.. I really need to cut the fabric today... but because of a rotary cutting accident (only 3 stitches, not a big deal), my Mom is terrified when I pick up the blade.  Because I am visiting my parents this weekend I am going to have her help me cut all of my fabric while I supervise.  I am also going to work on my CV and cover letter for some new job postings!! Yay JOBS.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy for the award and the very sweet words about my blog. I'm honored!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and you deserve it!
      Amy

      Delete
  2. Hello. I was given one of the awards as well and I just wanted to come and visit. I am your newest follower. Come and visit my blog when you get a chance!

    Sharima

    Lovebuglearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharima,

      I visited your beautiful blog and I am your newest follower.

      Amy

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the two awards. Whoa! But, it's no doubt you deserve it.

    And thank you for passing it onto me. Very flattered with the kind shout out.

    Much love xx
    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Emmy! I love reading your blog.

      Amy

      Delete