Monday 13 February 2012

What I want in my Dream Classroom

So I spent a little time Sunday afternoon on Pinterest... it is very addicting, and I found some ideas for my future classroom (this will happen one day).  One thing that you need to know about me before you read the rest of this post is that I am CRAZY about organization.  In every student teaching practicum that I had I eventually reorganized my mentors room (for some reason I always got the type of teacher that had the "desk" that you can never find).  They were always amazing teachers and I learned a TON, but I always spent some time with my label maker in their room.  So here are some of the things I want in my future classroom.

Bin labels, I love everything to have a home.  I really like these cute labels that the Clutter Free Classroom has made.


I also thought this was a great idea.  It is a teacher tool box, and it is available at Lowe's as a hardware organizer.

This is from The Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher and I love it.  I find extra papers from students that were absent can easily disappear in a pile, now the students can be in charge and check the file for missed work.
Book Bags! I had this in my last practicum because the students had large tables instead of desks.  I found this to be useful.  We had to limit the number of books, but when it came time to do Daily 5,  they would bring their book bag with them and they were ready to learn.
This was just for a giggle, I really do wish this spray worked because I would buy it in bulk!

One of my favorite things is a functional and home like reading space in the classroom.  I love the themed bins in the bookshelf, and the bright colors.  It feels very inviting, and I think this teacher did a great job with the amount of space available.  Another thing I would add to this space would be some Daily 5 items.
This Daily 5 example is from Ms. Durbin at 3rd Grade's a Hoot! I absolutely love how she has clothes pins for each student and they can indicate which station they are working on.

The rest of my Sunday was spent hiking.  We live on the side of a mountain, so I have easy access to many trails.  We started to hike up to Mt. Fernie, but the elevation is very high, and when there is a ton of snow to walk through you wont get far fast.  I am going to finish this hike one day, but I think it will have to wait until the summer (and I will be prepared with my bear spray).  But we did manage to see lots of animal tracks (possibly a moose, lynx, bunny, and of course deer and elk).  


2 comments: