Wednesday 8 February 2012

My February Challenge!!

Here is my challenge and I urge you to participate! This month I want you to pick someone that inspires you.  This could be a family member, tv personality, someone past or present.  This month I have picked Diem Brown.  You may know her as a reality star on The Challenge Battle of the Exes.  What you may not know about her is that she is a survivor of ovarian cancer.  I found this shocking because she is soo young.  But since she has been cancer free she has developed her own company called MedGift.  This is a way to donate money to a friend or loved one so that they can purchase the medical supplies that they need.  Here is what she has to say about the program:

"After almost 5 years of work MedGift.com is LIVE! MedGift came from my own ordeal when going through Ovarian Cancer. I was stressed out on bills from medical treatments and also day to day things I needed like buying a wig. I was ill so couldn’t work as much as I needed to however I kept having more and more out going expenses …friends and family all wanted to help but they didn’t know how. So I created MedGift to finally help answer the question Patients are so often asked by their friends, family and co-workers “How Can I Help?” & “What Can I Do?”

Any patient can sign up for MedGift from a Car Accident patient to a Cancer patient or even injured Veterans from the war who are looking for assistance. Patients can register for items on MedGift ranging from wigs, wheelchairs and groceries to help with paying Medical Expenses directly to their hospital (after a hospital signs up for MedGift) or  organizing non-monetary items like assistance with baby sitting, transportation to or from the hospital and prayers."

I find her story inspirational, and I think that this is a great idea.   If you want more information on Diem you can check out her website http://www.diembrown.com/.
Diem competing on the Duel after completing chemotherapy




No comments:

Post a Comment