Friday 3 February 2012

It's FUNtastic Friday!

I am beyond excited for the weekend!

1. The weather here is beautiful (so far there is not a cloud in the sky, and no snow in the forcast)
2. I may be able to fish on the river

I am enjoying my weekend early and went for short hike this afternoon.  The air was crisp and clean (I always miss that smell when I am in the city... you cant beat it), and the sun was out.  I definitely miss the sun during these long winter months.   Vitamin D is critical for my mood and overall spunkyness.

Another thing that I am super excited about is that I FINALLY have a battery charger for my camera.  In my last move I somehow lost the charger and I have gone crazy without it.  My ipad and blackberry do not suffice.  So eventually I was able to find a charger on Ebay (I love this store, it should have been the first place I looked).  And now I can finally describe my hike by using a "picture walk", thanks to my charged camera.

 If only you could scratch and sniff this picture, you would understand the clean crisp air that I am talking about.... fantastic!

 My walk was surrounded by mountains, this is a view from the opposite mountain.

Overall it was a wonderful walk, I feel energized and ready to go to the meat draw tonight.  Yes you read that right.... (I am having a "you know you live in a small town" moment right now).  For those of you that haven't had the privilege yet to go to a meat draw... you are missing out ;)  It is at the local pub and you purchase tickets, then you wait anxiously and hope that your number is drawn.  You then get the joy of walking home with a chicken or maybe some elk meat.. yeehaaw! Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment