Sunday 19 February 2012

Button Pins

 So I still had some plain thumb tacks left over from my gem stone pins so I decided to make a different style pin for my Moms organizational sewing board.  We have LOTS of buttons so we picked 20 favorites.  I followed the same steps as the gem stone pins (hot glue pin, add button, dry).
Here are the color coordinated button jars.   By sorting each jar by color it is easy to find the perfect button for any project.

 These are the buttons I picked.  I love that some of them are soo retro!
 Here is the sewing organizational board with its new buttons!
 I also made some button pins for my board that coordinate with my gem stone pins.

If you are looking for some ideas for pins I would suggest going to:

A dollar store - you can usually find something cute and cheap there (if you have something specific in mind it may be a little harder to find here)

Micheals/Craft Store - I love micheals and sometimes you can get great deals in their dollar bins.  

Fabric Store - there are lots of fun buttons (animals, shapes, etc) out there for cute sweaters and these could make adorable pins too.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I am sad that it is almost over... it always goes by way to stinking fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment